Harpie Bug Swarms are monsters that require 33 Slayer to kill and can only be found in Karamja. The initial reaction of most players when they first see a Harpie Bug Swarm is usually along the lines of:
"OMG! WTF IS THIS?!"
"LOL, it's a bunch of flying rocks"
"Mommy, can I eat those?"
"ZOMFG! I'm getting killed!! AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! MAKE IT STOP!"
These bugs occupy the northern part of the Karamja mainland for no apparent reason and will try to eat you if your combat level is below 93. The most plausable theory about the origin and existence of Harpie Bug Swarms is that they were created when Kazuki Takahashi decided to play a practical joke on Jagex by exploiting a bug in the Magic skill and then having one of his ladies clean it with a feather duster.
Fighting Harpie Bug SwarmsEdit
Harpie Bug Swarms are completely invinsible to all your attacks and there is no way to kill them... Just kidding!
Assuming you have at least 33 Slayer, you can kill these bugs if you have the Magical Lantern of QA equipped. Like most low level Slayer monsters, all you need to do is click on them while wielding a semi-decent weapon and they will eventually die, simple really.
Their drops are... Meh...Do you like fire runes?
Weapons and Armour
- Rune Spear
- Dragon Spear(These two spears again?!)
- Rune Med Helm(Lol, a helmet for when your character is on meds!)
Steel Boots(Nothing to see here!)
- 30,60 or 90 fire runes
- 15 or 30 chaos runes
- Uncut Sapphire
- Uncut Emerald
- Uncut Ruby
- Uncut Diamond
- Jug of Wine(if you need to heal)
- Level 2 Clue Scroll(Step right up! All you need to do is knock down the bottles and this styrofoam donut can be yours!)
- Half of a key(put the two halves together and you'll get a hole! For this you've been banned! Lolwut?)
- Shield Left Half(You put one half in front of the other... And soon you'll be walking!...)
- Starved Ancient Effigy(Brains?! Nomnomnomnomnom!!)